Whole Hog Games
Based in Santa Clara, California
PC (Windows, Linux)
Deep underground lies a reminder of Boarkind's darkest hours. All it takes is one little boar to dig it back up. A block puzzler with an exploratory twist, Full Bore throws the player into an open world of crumbling mines, arcane ruins, and technological wonders with only curiosity to lead the way. Full Bore is packed to the brim with secrets and hidden rooms, because in a world of blocks, puzzles could be anywhere.
Frederick is a little boar who spends his days frolicking in fields of flowers - until the day he winds up blasting into the empty vault of the ailing Full Bore Mining Company. Naturally the Boss thinks Frederick is the one that emptied it, and gives him an ultimatum: recover the stolen gems or mine them anew.
Though he should be miserable, Frederick soon realizes digging is the best thing ever. There's nothing that compares to the thrill of excavating new mine shafts in search of gemstones and ancient machines.
But as Frederick chips away at the monumental task of recovering a lost fortune, he uncovers hints of something shadowy looming over the boars, moles, and other denizens of the deep. Is replacing some lost gems all that is in store for Frederick?
The Frist Dig
The First Dig is part one of the Full Bore saga, a 6~8+ hour puzzle adventure that you can finish when Part Two is added on later this year. You'll get both parts of the game regardless of where you buy it or for how much!
Into Hard Earth
Into Hard Earth is the second and final part of Full Bore. This part has players delving into the dark originals of the Full Bore universe. Featuring even more game play than The First Dig, with more secrets to unveil, puzzles to solve, and perplexing new bocks to puzzle with.
Even better, every one who purchases The First Dig will get Into Hard Earth as a free content update!
HistoryFull Bore started as a simple linear puzzle game that blossomed in to an open world as we realized that we had more of a story to tell. Though the original block look was maintained, we added in modern lighting effects to help make our environments intruiging and memorable.
- A game world made up of blocks with different properties and behaviors.
- Explore the world at your own pace as you learn how each block works.
- Focus on puzzle-solving and exploration, not conflict.
- A pixel art style with a modern lighting engine to set a unique mood.
- Original soundtrack by Miguel Acuña and the Adjective Plural Noun.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "No Awards Yet" But our mom says we're beautiful
- "... I think anyone can really enjoy Full Bore. The world feels unique and fresh while the gameplay feels familiar enough to be comfortable, but different enough to feel innovative."
- Jon, darkstation
- "...the game draws you in and keeps you there. Seriously…it’s hard to stop playing this game."
- Joe Del Busso, Greenlit Gaming
- "Full Bore is one of the most polished games on Kickstarter at the moment [...] comparable to major games like Fez, Limbo, Bastion, and Sword & Sworcery."
- Sara Swanson, Explosion.com
- "The coolest part of Full Bore is the seamless blending of world and puzzle. Rather than incorporate block puzzles into the world, the whole world is made of puzzle blocks."
- Interview excerpt from The Joystiq Indie Pitch: Full Bore, Joystiq
- "An attractive pixel art style, a promising-sounding team of developers, and a fun premise [...] make this one to watch"
- Zeboyd Games' Video Game Kickstarter Report, Zeboyd Games
- "It looks both gorgeous, and a lot of fun"
- Dora, Jay is Games
- "By taking chances, trying new things, and pulling together all their really great ideas and concepts, Whole Hog Games has managed to create a really solid game"
- Sam Wildman, Nerdophiles
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Whole Hog Games
Whole Hog Games is a team of three developers from Northern California who went to the same high school, went their separate ways, and then subsequently reunited to create video games!
Our programmer is Casey Carlin, a Computer Science and Computer Engineering graduate who mastered his craft at ARC System Works, (legendary creators of Guilty Gear and BlazBlue) where he worked on several games such as the Contra prequel Hard Corps: Uprising
Our Artist, Finn Beazlie, is an illustrator who combines his love of cartoons with his love of video games to give our project its whimsical style.
Our game designer is Jake Federico, a Mechanical Engineering graduate and longtime devotee of competitive gaming who combines his trade and hobby to create interesting, interlocked and fun game systems.
More information on Whole Hog Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Full Bore Credits
Logo Design, Additional Art
Tiffany Le Brun
Website Designer, Freelance